Reconciliation Project Capacity Development Position
The Reconciliation Project is seeking someone with senior administration expertise to serve in a capacity development position. In this role, you will be communicating and working with FRCN Knowledge Keepers and Program Directors to develop, establish and implement a capacity development strategy that will engage the targeted audiences.
You will work with the Reconciliation Team to determine what approaches are necessary to promote awareness of the Reconciliation Project.
You will be in constant contact with the community so your people skills need to be exceptional. In addition, you will have to possess excellent teamwork, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
The successful candidate will have effective communication, presentation and organizational skills in order to coordinate, facilitate and promote group meetings & focus groups as well as make presentations to the targeted group.
- Develop a foundational approach that provides group information, awareness and promotes a team approach in reconciling Fisher River Cree Nation’s individual, family and community historical trauma and colonization.
- Establish a consultation process that gives voice to individuals and facilitates their perspectives on how Fisher River Cree Nation can reconcile individual and family life towards a community owned proactive approach to wellness.
- Implement a capacity development and training process that reflects the priorities identified by Knowledge Keepers, Program Directorates and other Fisher River groups in order to work towards and support a self-governing and self-sustaining Cree community.
- Work as part of the Fisher River Cree Nation’s Reconciliation project team to implement the strategies that result from the capacity development consultation process with Knowledge Keepers and Program Directorates.
- Provide oral and written reports, documents and strategies that support Fisher River Cree Nation’s Reconciliation project.
- Provide progress reports and evaluations that identifies necessary changes to the Capacity Development and Reconciliation process.
- Extensive experience working at Senior Administrative level
- Effective organizational time management skills, accountability, reliability, and punctuality.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, problem solving and assessment skills as it relates to the role.
- Ability to speak and understand Cree way of life will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing and able to travel as required (must have personal vehicle).
- Must be willing to work evenings as needed.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Open to FRCN band members
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Apply with Cover Letter/Resume to Tanya: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (204) 645-4572
References will be required for the applicants selected for an interview
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: Friday, September 17, 2021
Upon hiring, successful candidate will be required to submit a current Criminal Record Check and Adult Abuse & Child Abuse Registry
Successful Candidate will be required to adhere to FRCN Employment Policy and pre-employment requirements; and act in accordance with FRCN Policies, Standards and Procedures, vision, mission and core values.
We thank all those who applied; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all others who apply.