Reconciliation Project Group Facilitation Coordinator
One-year term commencing April 18th with possible extension (funding dependent).
The Reconciliation Project is seeking a community member with a level of expertise in engaging others and promoting awareness of the Reconciliation Project.
The successful candidate will have effective communication, presentation and organizational skills in order to coordinate, facilitate and promote group meetings & focus groups as well as make presentations to the targeted groups.
As the Group Facilitation Coordinator, you will be communicating and interacting with the targeted FRCN groups. You will work with the Reconciliation Team to determine what strategies are necessary to engage the targeted groups in the Reconciliation process. Your people skills need to be exceptional as you will be in constant contact with community members. In addition, you will have to possess excellent teamwork, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- ·Develop a strategy for creating greater awareness of the Reconciliation Project to the targeted groups.
- Engage the targeted groups to find out their thoughts and concerns about FRCN and what they feel is needed in the community.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and focus groups with the targeted groups.
- Develop presentations on the Reconciliation Project as needed.
- Prepare reports on the feedback and findings from presentations, meetings and focus groups.
- Undertake administrative tasks, maintain effective recording systems and respond to inquiries.
- Develop networks and maintain effective working relationships with community organizations.
- Act in accordance with FRCN Policies, Standards and Procedures, vision, mission and core values.
- University Degree or College Diploma and/or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Exhibit organizational time management skills, accountability, reliability, and punctuality.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, problem solving and assessment skills as it relates to the role.
- Must be willing and able to travel as required (must have personal vehicle).
- Must be willing to work evenings as needed.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Open to FRCN band members
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Apply with Cover Letter/Resume to Tanya: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (204) 645-4572
References will be required for the applicants selected for an interview
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: Friday, April 29th, 2022
Upon hiring, successful candidate will be required to submit a current Criminal Record Check and Adult Abuse & Child Abuse Registry
Successful Candidate will be required to adhere to FRCN Employment Policy and pre-employment requirements.
We thank all those who applied; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all others who apply.