One-year term commencing May 2nd with possible extension (funding dependent).
The Reconciliation Project is seeking a community member residing in Winnipeg or surrounding area with a level of expertise in engaging others as your role will be to promote awareness of the Reconciliation Project to the community members residing off-reserve.
The successful candidate will have effective communication, presentation and organizational skills in order to coordinate, facilitate and promote group meetings & focus groups as well as make presentations to the FRCN community.
As the Off-Reserve Reconciliation Project Facilitator, you will be communicating and interacting with the community members residing in Winnipeg and surrounding areas so your people skills need to be exceptional. You will work with the Reconciliation Team to determine what strategies are necessary to engage off-reserve community members in the Reconciliation process. In addition, you will have to possess excellent teamwork, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Assist in developing a strategy, along with Reconciliation Team, for creating greater awareness of the Reconciliation Project to the targeted groups.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and focus groups with the targeted groups.
- Develop presentations on the Reconciliation Project as needed.
- Prepare reports on the feedback and findings from presentations, meetings and focus groups.
- Undertake administrative tasks, maintain effective recording systems and respond to inquiries.
- Develop networks and maintain effective working relationships with community organizations.
- Act in accordance with Reconciliation Project mandate, FRCN Policies, Standards and Procedures, vision, mission and core values.
- University Degree or College Diploma and/or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Exhibit organizational time management skills, accountability, reliability, and punctuality.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, problem solving and assessment skills as it relates to the role.
- Must be willing and able to travel as required (must have personal vehicle).
- Must be willing to work evenings as needed.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Open to FRCN band members
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If there are questions please contact Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-260-9240.
Apply with Cover Letter/Resume to Tanya: email@example.com or Fax: (204) 645-4572
References will be required for the applicants selected for an interview
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: Friday, April 29th, 2022
Upon hiring, successful candidate will be required to submit a current Criminal Record Check and Adult Abuse & Child Abuse Registry
Successful Candidate will be required to adhere to FRCN Employment Policy and pre-employment requirements.
We thank all those who applied; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all others who apply.