Reconciliation Project Youth Representative
Position is specifically targeted for a youth between 18-29; Term to March 31st with possible extension (funding dependent)
The Reconciliation Project is seeking a youth representative between the ages of 18-29 with a level of expertise in engaging youth within the community and promoting awareness of the Reconciliation Project.
The successful candidate will have effective communication, presentation and organizational skills in order to coordinate, facilitate and promote group meetings & focus groups as well as make presentations to the targeted group.
As the youth representative, you will be communicating and interacting with the young people of FRCN. You will work with the Reconciliation Team to determine what strategies are necessary to engage the youth in the Reconciliation process. You will be in constant contact with the community so your people skills need to be exceptional. In addition, you will have to possess excellent teamwork, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Develop a strategy for creating greater awareness of the Reconciliation Project to the targeted group.
- Engage the targeted group to find out their thoughts and concerns about FRCN and what they feel is needed for the young people in the community.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and focus groups with the targeted youth group (18-29).
- Develop presentations on the Reconciliation Project to be made to FRCN high school students.
- Prepare reports on the feedback and findings from presentations, meetings and focus groups.
- Develop an effective community engagement campaign to promote the Reconciliation Project.
- Undertake administrative tasks, maintain effective recording systems and respond to inquiries.
- Develop networks and maintain effective working relationships with community organizations.
- Act in accordance with FRCN Policies, Standards and Procedures, vision, mission and core values.
- High school diploma and/or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Exhibit organizational time management skills, accountability, reliability, and punctuality.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, problem solving and assessment skills as it relates to the role.
- Ability to speak and understand Cree way of life will be considered an asset.
- A strong motivation to become a local leader to better our community’s future.
- Must be willing and able to travel as required (must have personal vehicle).
- Must be willing to work evenings as needed.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
FRCN band members with the above qualifications will be given preference.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Apply with Cover Letter/Resume to Tanya: email@example.com or Fax: (204) 645-4572
References will be required for the applicants selected for an interview
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: Friday, October 9, 2020
Upon hiring, successful candidate will be required to submit a current Criminal Record Check and Adult Abuse & Child Abuse Registry
Successful Candidate will be required to adhere to FRCN Employment Policy and pre-employment requirements.
We thank all those who applied; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all others who apply.